Monday, June 1, 2009

Return to Oz

Bob and I survived our 5 states in a week trip to America. We got to visit our family, friends, and our cat Dingo. Bob's sister Kristy graduated from medical school on a Sunday, my twin brother Jonathan graduated from a different medical school on a Saturday. 
We now have 2 doctors in the family, and as I'm a natural klutz, I'm sure that will come in handy.

After our whirlwind U.S.A. trip, and after a previous 7 weeks with family visitors here in Australia, Bob and I took this weekend to do absolutely nothing. It was fantastic. We slept in, cleaned our hovel of an apartment, Bob cooked elaborate meals, I ate and cleaned up after said elaborate meals, we played frisbee in the park, it was - in an oddly domestic way- lovely.

Now the work week has started once again but Bob and I finally feel we're on solid ground. We are no longer tour guides, our apartment is no longer a hotel, we are appreciating our clean and empty home. Until next week, when my Mom comes to a visit.

No comments: